The magnificent brick and stone Assembly Building was constructed
in 1890 for the assembly of large machines. Originally, the
Assembly Building has a clear interior height of 80 feet. This
soaring space reflects the enormity of the machines Poole &
Hunt was able to manufacture. During the early 20th century a
65-foot, 500 ton sand wheel (the largest in the world at the time)
was assembled in the building. Badly damaged by fire in 1995, the
Assembly Building was only a shell when Struever Bros. Eccles &
Rouse acquired it.
This renovated building houses 36 one- and two-bedroom, loft-style
apartments, built within the shell of the original building with an
open air courtyard in the middle. The first floor has 10,000 square
feet of office and retail space.
Visit the Assembly Apartments Website
JRS Architects specializes in churches, schools and institutional
projects, including new construction, renovations and adaptive
Marshall Craft Associates (MCA) has relocated its Baltimore
headquarters to become the lead commercial tenant in the
revitalized Assembly Building. MCA provides professional
architecture and planning services nationwide creating innovative
places and spaces for learning, healing, research, corporate
enterprise, and cultural celebration.
Call 410-296-2877 for more information